by FOREX Million:
Forecast for December 2012
The pair is trading along an sideways trading pattern.An uptrend will start as soon, as the pair rises above resistance level 1,715, which will be followed by moving up to resistance level 1,751, 1,772 and 1,797.An downtrend will start as soon, as the pair drops below support level 1,705, which will be followed by moving down to support level 1,676 and then to 1,627.
Supports: 1714, 1705, 1676, 1627
Resistances: 1725, 1751, 1772, 1797
- “Gold is projected to jump to well over $1,825 by the end of 2012, with $2,000 on the horizon next year,” TDS says. 18 September 2012
- Silver prices to reach $37 an ounce in a month and gold to hit $1,850 per ounce, said Union Bank of Switzerland (UBS) in a commodities snippet.11 September 2012
- What’s limiting stronger gains is sluggish physical demand and it’s possible that gold will not surpass the 2012 high of $1,792. Commodity Online 05 September 2012។
- Gold prices could reach $1,750 an ounce by the end of the year, based on the likelihood of more quantitative easing by the Federal Reserve, said Global Hunter Securities, which could happen as early as the Sept. 12-13 FOMC meeting. 04 September 2012
- ការព្យាករណ៍មាស និង ខ្នាតរង្វាល់ 23 July 2012
- Gold prices to reach its all time high of $2,000 an ounce in the first quarter (Q1) of next year, according to Deutsche Bank’s precious metal forecast for next year. 23 July 2012
- Gold’s bull run will continue and prices may reach $1,800 an ounce by the end of this year on improved investment sentiment for the gold market in the second half of 2012, as per latest Thomson Reuters GFMS Gold Survey report released in Beijing on Tuesday. 10 July 2012
- TDS outlines possible good, bad and ugly near-term scenarios for Gold. 08 July 2012
- Gold prices may hover around $1,700 an ounce by the end of this summer, said New York based financial-services firm INTL FCStone Inc.(NASDAQ: INTL) in a commodities snippet. 06 July 2012
- Price forecast: Q2 12: $1665/oz; 2012 annual average: $1716/oz,” Barclays stated. 03 July 2012
- Gold prices to rally above $1,900 by year-end, based on the likely impact of easy monetary policy, said HSBC Holdings plc (HSBC), a British multinational bank. 18 June 2012
- Barclays Capital “While the macro backdrop remains positive, gold has behaved closer to risky assets rather than differentiating itself as a safe-haven asset”, the bank states while lowering gold price forecast for 2012 to $1,716/oz . 11 May 2012
- Gold prices to touch $2,100/ounce in the fourth quarter of this year, said Deutsche Bank, the largest bank in Germany, in a weekly commodities report. 04 May 2012
- The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) states in their new report that gold prices could hit a peak at $1800/oz by the last quarter of 2012. However, gold is expected to enter a period of steady decline from then, the bank warns. 04 May 2012
- Gold prices could see a temporary decline below $1600/oz due to its high correlation with risky assets, a latest report by Commerzbank says. Gold prices are then expected to rebound to $1900/oz by the end of 2012. 20 April 2012
- UBS bank has cut their 2012 gold forecast by 18% owing to improved indications of US recovery. 2012 gold prices is now expected to average $1680/oz as against the previous forecast of $2050/oz. 30 March 2012
- TD Securities have cut down on their 2012 gold forecast. Prices are expected to be around $1765/oz in 2012, down from the previous forecast of $1925/oz. 20 March 2012
- Gold may jump to $2,050/oz in Q3, 2012, a latest report from Societe Generale stated. Mar 23, 2012.
- Barclays Capital has also forecasted gold to hit its highest levels during the third quarter. In a report, gold price for Q3 was seen at $2,030/oz, after which prices are expected to fall to $1,920/oz. Mar 23, 2012.
- As head of one of the world’s largest gold producers, Cutifani stated during the Company’s recent earnings call that the price of gold could “easily poke through $2,000″ per ounce in 2012 and thus reach a new all-time nominal record high. Feb 16, 2012.
- BNP Paribas raised its 2012 average gold target to $1,850 from $1,810 per ounce, and to $2,225 from $2,150 in 2013. On a quarterly basis this year, BNP now sees the yellow metal averaging $1,700 in Q1, $1,770 in Q2, $1,905 in Q3, and $2,030 in Q4. Feb 16, 2012.
- These 5 forecasters see Gold hitting $3,000 in 2012 and beyond. Jan 6, 2012
- In its December quarterly, the Bureau of Resources and Energy Economics forecast gold prices in 2012 would would increase by 17 per cent, to $US1,850 an ounce. Leonie Lamont 28 Dec 11.
- Goldman Sachs said overnight that gold will average $1,810/oz in 2012 – which is 13% above today’s spot price. 20 Dec 11
- Hitzfeld forecast on Oct. 12 that gold would average a record $1,900 in the fourth quarter of next year (2012).
- Gold prices will likely average $2,025 a troy ounce in 2012 as investors are expected to continue to rush to safe-haven assets amid continuing concerns over the health of the euro-zone economy, Paul Bloxham, HSBC’s chief economist (Australia & New Zealand), said. 26 Sept 11.
- Rob McEwen, Chairman & CEO of US Gold and founder of Goldcorp, predicts a gold price of $5,000 by the time it peaks (2020).